Nous sommes le 26 Avr 2018, 01:48

Heures au format UTC

Sujet précédent | Sujet suivant 
Auteur Message
MessagePosté: 17 Juil 2013, 13:49 
Jeune chiot

Pièce jointe:
640480.jpg
Hello dear friends of the Breton I thought I would tell a little of this great breed in Australia and how we employ them for the hunt.

As some of you may be aware the EB first landed on our shores in 1975, three from France and one from the Netherlands, there have been other imports over the years from the UK and New Zealand.

Duck Hunting is our most popular form of hunting here, and indeed duck and quail are the only two wild game bird species we can hunt, we have pheasant and partridge which can be hunted but they are generally released on game farms, of course we also have plenty of rabbits and hare which some of us also hunt with the Breton.

But let’s talk about Duck:

Our season starts in March which is our autumn and generally runs through to June.
Our climate is mild compared to Europe so our dogs are very well suited to this type of work.
The habitat we hunt can be timbered swamps of which some have ample aquatic vegetation, rivers which can be very wide, creeks, or large open lakes.

Because of this we need our dogs to be of good substance and have a strong desire to retrieve from water.

Our bag limit alters in some years but it is usually ten birds per day, most years this limit is easily achieved and so the Breton gets plenty of retrieves in a day.

Personally I have hunted duck with the Breton for twenty years or so, and I have found them to be very well suited to our conditions.

They are at their best in swamps with thick aquatic vegetation, where their great sense of smell gives them an edge retrieving birds which if wounded use this vegetation to their advantage, to try and escape. Even when birds are dead they can be very hard to find in this type of swamp, with out a Good Breton.

Vous n’avez pas les permissions appropriées afin de consulter les fichiers insérés dans ce message.

Dernière édition par marco p le 17 Juil 2013, 14:13, édité 1 fois au total.

Profil  Pas de position géographique communiquée  

MessagePosté: 17 Juil 2013, 13:59 
Jeune chiot

Pièce jointe:
8692b3af-bbcd-462c-887c-4b5212e9117f_zps60bfd3ba.jpg

Some friends I hunted with on the 2013 duck hunting season opening day.

Vous n’avez pas les permissions appropriées afin de consulter les fichiers insérés dans ce message.

MessagePosté: 17 Juil 2013, 16:06 
Maître bretonnier

eh Marco, quand m'invites tu à la chasse aux canards ? il me tarde l'ouverture du 21 aout dans les marais du cotentin avec une poignée d'amis pour enfin essayer mon VC.

MessagePosté: 19 Juil 2013, 09:31 
Champion

Great fotos, Marco...

MessagePosté: 19 Juil 2013, 21:26 
Jeune chiot

It Dan
eh Marco, quand m'invites tu à la chasse aux canards ? il me tarde l'ouverture du 21 aout dans les marais du cotentin avec une poignée d'amis pour enfin essayer mon VC.

Would love to invite you, but we are so far away.
The marshes you speak of is it open to public hunting or private?

MessagePosté: 20 Juil 2013, 00:38 
Docteur es Epagneul Breton

What bloodlines are you using?

Profil  Voir la position géographique du membre 

MessagePosté: 20 Juil 2013, 06:26 
Maître bretonnier

Morin Robert a écrit:
What bloodlines are you using?

Hi Robert----
Marco's personal female comes from Victoria's breeding in NZ
the Sire came from Canada out of my Ululani du Petit Odon (Grand-daughter of Jixy de Rocancourt) out of Can. Ch. Velvet II du Cos Becassier. The Mother comes from Australian root stock and some UK import stock out of Keranlouan via Patricia Rush's lines.
So a small relation to your girl....

Profil  Voir la position géographique du membre 

MessagePosté: 20 Juil 2013, 06:41 
Jeune chiot

Hello Robert Morin,

The orange female is from our old bloodlines, which were De Windes Iwan, Des Margottins, De Cornouaille, Du Moulin De Callac and Joymonds later on from Great Britain.

That particular dog is one of the last that are purely from those old lines, more toward the Des Iwan, Joymond, De Cornouaille and Des Margottins.

Some of these lines have been mixed in with American lines by some people over the years, how ever there are a few of us that have never incorporated the American lines in our breeding.
Although some of our dogs over the years have been a bit on the taller size, most of them have stayed pretty true to that old style we had and they have been very good hunters / retrievers.

The black is one I imported from NZ in 2010 from Victoria Whittle. She has De La Foretdupinto (CAN) Du Bois De Vauchelles, Du Clos Beccassier, Du Petit Odon, De La Mordoree, Patouche and 1/4 of our own original Australian lines.

Heures au format UTC