Nous sommes le 26 Avr 2018, 04:03

Heures au format UTC

Sujet précédent | Sujet suivant 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Gamebird Shooting Season 2014
MessagePosté: 05 Mai 2014, 06:04 
Champion

Our shooting season opened on Saturday and my male dog and I went down to the river...he covered the ground very well but we found not one pheasant...it has been our usual place for opening day for a number of years now but next year we will start the season somewhere else!
I have found the new bell I bought from a company in France works really well in the environment we hunt in...the lower tones seem to suit the cover!

This season, in my province we are permitted to take two cock pheasants and like last year ten Californian Quail. Quail are not in the vicinity we were in on Opening Day but are found further up the rivers.

I took this very poor foto with my cellfone...

Vous n’avez pas les permissions appropriées afin de consulter les fichiers insérés dans ce message.

Profil  Pas de position géographique communiquée  

MessagePosté: 05 Mai 2014, 06:17 
Champion

Last night my friend and I went to a pond to try our luck on Mallards. There were many shooting on different ponds and the Mallards we saw were not eager to land in the pond, but many Grey Teal (Anas gracilis) came in. The Grey Teal was self-introduced to New Zealand from Australia. The Grey Teal is not on the gamebird schedule so all we could do was to stand in the hide (which is called maimai (mymy) in my country) and look hungrily on :-D The elevation is 900 feet above sea level.

Some of the Teal that landed...

The decoys...

MessagePosté: 07 Mai 2014, 21:14 
Marque l'arrêt

Most of my hunting season was spent on hunting snipes. But was in France to hunt ducks, pheasants and woodcocks. Kept a bitch from Didines 2nd litter, and she is very promissing, I think. She hunts well, but need some more obedience training when she encounters game! Interesting to read about your hunting :-)

Vous n’avez pas les permissions appropriées afin de consulter les fichiers insérés dans ce message.

MessagePosté: 08 Mai 2014, 09:52 
Champion

Oh wow! what fabulous fotos, Pernille. Thank you so much for sharing them with us! How I enjoy reading of the hunting over there!...the snipe and woodcock.

Today Dix and I again visited the river. After about an hour he indicated scent, went on point and yet again flushed a hen pheasant. We are not permitted to shoot the hens. On Tuesday (I have taken leave from work for this week) he also flushed a hen.

MessagePosté: 18 Mai 2014, 08:15 
Champion

Dix and I were once again down the river to find a pheasant...we only saw some high flying Mallard ducks.
Time to go home!

MessagePosté: 05 Juin 2014, 08:50 
Champion

Monday was a public holiday, so it was a great day to go and find a bird...in the morning Dix flushed a hen...then in the afternoon we visited another river but saw no birds...

MessagePosté: 13 Juil 2014, 01:01 
Champion

Last Sunday, I collected my friend and we went for a shoot up the river...he had the gun and I had my bitch. She scented a hare some 400 odd metres and when we got closer she responded to my recall whistle and we proceeded on...I would have liked to have brought it home but as the hare was on private property I thought better not too!!...the dog got on to some scent beds but the birds well gone...then she flushed a cock pheasant but no shot.

We met up with another shooter and while talking to him, my friend took this foto

Coming back, my bitch was on point by a huge blackberry bush, and flushed a large covey of Californian Quail. My friend shot one. Then nearer to the carpark, my bitch flushed a feral peacock...

Five hours later we were back at the vehicle and while having a coffee we heard a cock pheasant only some three hundred odd metres from the carpark!!

MessagePosté: 31 Aoû 2014, 08:29 
Champion

Closing Day dawned with teeming rain...but by 11hr00 it had cleared and the sun made a feeble attempt to shine. I decided to take Jarlou. 

I wanted to do some shot work...birds allowing. And allow it did...a greylag goose was brought down, the dog steady (the geese are feral birds)...then a shot was fired at rock pigeons but they were so fidgety they were not going to take any risks...again the pup was steady to shot. He worked the ground like a machine...the covey we had in mind to revisit were not in the locale...

So, that is it...Gamebird 2014 is over...now to wait until May 2 next year!

Dernière édition par Victoria2 le 31 Aoû 2014, 10:01, édité 1 fois au total.

MessagePosté: 31 Aoû 2014, 10:00 
Champion

Another foto of Jarlou and the goose

Heures au format UTC